Hazardous Waste Drop-off Disposal Program
How to Participate
EnviroServices is making it easier and more cost effective for qualifying businesses to responsibly and properly dispose of their hazardous waste with our Hazardous Waste Disposal Drop-off Program!
To participate in the program, a business must qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) as defined by Hawaii Administrative Rules §11-261-5. A CESQG:
- Generate no more than 220 pounds of hazardous waste per month; and store no more than 2,200 pounds of hazardous waste on-site at any time; and
- Generate no more than 2.2 pounds of acute hazardous waste per month; and never store more than this amount on-site at any time.
Note that businesses who do not meet the above qualifications (or even qualifying businesses that do not want to drop off their waste) can contact EnviroServices to have their waste picked up, but are not eligible for this drop-off program and pricing.
Hazardous wastes are those that are toxic, flammable, corrosive, or reactive. Common examples include:
- Oil-based paint and related materials such as varnishes, adhesives, solvents, inks and coatings
- Degreasing and chlorinated solvents
- Corrosives such as acids and bases
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and fertilizers
- Car and truck products, such as motor oil, brake fluids, lubricants, and antifreeze
- Electronic waste, including computers, televisions, stereos, copiers, and fax machines
- Mercury and mercury containing equipment, including fluorescent lamps, compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), thermometers, and switches
For more information about the program or to schedule a drop off, call (808) 456-3494.